I HAVE A SKIP IN MY

2000 Dodge Neon

2000 Dodge Neon 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 362000 km

i have a 2000 neon with a 2 liter, it has a skip in the motor. It is a pretty bad miss I can barely take off. I hold the pedal then after a few seconds(5-10) it finally takes off but with no power a bad skip and the occasional backfire. Sounds like little pops in the exhaust. It has troubles climbing hills and even picking up speed on straight aways. It seems better at high rpm(3000). Then it shifts at a little over (4000)rpm and no power again.

i have tested the fuel pump from the fuel rail. It had 55 pounds pressure, and doesnt lose any as it idles or revs up.

i have tested the compression. Cylinder #1(180) #2(180) #3(150) #4(190-200), I tested them all at least 2 times each.

i have changed the spark plugs. It does not seem to take much if any oil or prestone. And the spark-plugs all look the same at the firing end. With the engine running idle, I pulled off the spark-plug wires one at a time, they all had the same reaction.

i changed a sensor in the intake. (Sorry I dont know what it is called). It seemed to of helped for a few minutes but shortly it was back to its old ways(skipping).

i have also checked most of the vacuum lines they seem to be ok.

i am getting pretty lost with this problem. If anyone has a opinion I would really appreciate hearing it. Thank you
Kage13

Oxygen sensor
Dirty fuel injectors (cleaning the injectors often fixes this).
Bad MAP (manifold absolute pressure) sensor
Bad TPS (throttle position) sensor
Bad or dirty MAF (mass airflow) sensor
Low fuel pressure (leaky fuel pressure regulator or weak fuel pump)
Vacuum leaks (intake manifold, vacuum hoses, throttle body, EGR valve)
Bad gasoline (fuel contaminated with water or too much alcohol)

Sometimes, what feels like a hesitation is actually ignition misfire rather than lean misfire. The causes of ignition misfire may include: Dirty or worn spark plugs
Bad plug wires
Weak ignition coil
Wet plug wires