DODGE INTREPID ENGINE PROBLEM

1999 Dodge Intrepid

Engine problem
1999 Dodge Intrepid 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 170000 miles

I own a 99 dodge intrepid. The codes that came thru were P1684, P0340, P0118, P1490 I found all of these codes but one P1684. The problem I am having with this car is that it will run for about 10 miles and then it dies and won't start for a couple of hours. The last time it done this now it won't start at all. It always took a while for it to start but now it won't start and how hard will it be to change the camshaft position sensor. Thanks for any help.
Cohowe9

The P1684 is a battery disconnect code, it stays on for 50 car starts and it should clear away itself, unless your constantly loosing power.

I wouldnt suggest you change the cam sensor yourself, as it will have to go through a relearn procedure anyways, take it to the dealer

Blackop555
Thank you for the reply. I was hoping that it would be something I could do on my own. Have you heard a lot about engine sluge in these cars. And does this car have a cabin filter? Every time we turn on the a/c or the heater it gives of an awful smell.

Cohowe9
It could be the cabin air filter. If it smells like antifreeze its the heater core, try spraying bleach water in the blower motor housing hten turning on the blower

Blackop555