RATTLE IN FRONT SUSPENSION

1997 Dodge Intrepid

Noises problem
1997 Dodge Intrepid 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 350000 miles

I have been noticing lately that my Intrepid sport has been rattling/clunking as a drive over rough terrain or any sort of pot hole. The noise is coming from the front passenger side wheel. I thought originally that it was the tie rod ends, however after doing some research im starting to think it maybe something more than that. Any help or insight into this issue would be GREATLY appreciated, it is a very high mileage old vehicle that I do not want to sink alot of money into : P
Thanks in advance
Reven1337

Your tie rods wouldn't be the source of any noises. A rattling/clunking sound would usually be the front strut is bad. And sometimes the plastic wheel well cover can come loose or crack and make these noises.

Of course you need to have it looked at to be sure, but neither of these parts cost a lot of money. And a good shop should give you a free estimate.

Ernest Clark