TRUCK STARTED MAKING A CLICKING NOISE &A

2001 Dodge Durango

Shakes or Wobbles problem
2001 Dodge Durango V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 120000 miles

Hello, thanks for any help given!

My Durango started making a clicking noise coming from underneath the truck. First time it started I thought maybe I eran over a bolt and it was stuck in the tire. I pulled over found nothing & it went away. Drove fine the rest of the day.

So the next day it starts it again and is still doing it, it makes a loud clicking noise and vibrates badly like driving on the strips on the side of the highway roads at any speed. The vibrating is minimal when driving very slow but still clicks. It stops completely when not moving. It seems like it's coming from center area underneath the truck.

It shifts fine, goes into 4WD and back fine, tranny fluid is good. This is the first truck Ive owned and have no idea what it could be. Does anyone have any ideas
Trevor0333

Have you checked u-joints and CV joints?

Im not quite sure how I would check those? Nothing was obvious physically on the outside or underneath.

Trevor0333
Basically, secure the vehicle with the parking brake so it can't move and place it in neutral so there is no tension on the drive line. Then all you need to do is check the joints to see if there is excessive play in any of them.