ENGINE STALLS

1999 Dodge Durango

1999 Dodge Durango V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 150000 miles

hi, my durango is driving me crazy,
now I have the problem that the engine died and will not start again.
the error code is " no bus".
please tell me where to start with searching to find out where the problem is.
i had a week ago a similar problem, the engine stall ´s but when I tryed to start it started emidiatly again and run without any problems. I did not have any error code exept the " check engine " lamp.
many thanks in advance
cyril
Cyrilsweden

Does the vehicle turn over and just not start? If so check your main fuses. Clean contacts on fuses. If all is fine and still won't start I am Afraid it is most likely the Computer.

Obxautomedic
Replace the computer. I got mine from AutoZone for around $276 plus a $65 core fee that you get back when you return the old part. The dealership wanted just under $600 for the same part, plus $85 to install it. I was able to install it in around 3 minutes, including unhooking the battery, and I am not a mechanic. If you can't afford the AutoZone price right not try packing ice around the computer to keep it cool. I would buy a bag of ice from a gas station, pour out about 1/3 to 1/2 half of it around the computer, reseal the bag, and then pack the bag around the computer. This worked WONDERS for me until I could buy the new computer. If you need to know where your computer is e-mail me @ DanielDriggs@aol. Com. Good luck.

Fodus