ROUGH RIDE

2005 Dodge Dakota

Suspension problem
2005 Dodge Dakota 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 64,000 miles

What would be the next thing to check to fix a rough riding dakota? It has new Pa. Inspection stickers (which means universal joint, etc. Is good). We just put new shocks in front and back. It has a new upper control arm and bushings. It still hits every bump really hard, and you are jolted around even the slight imperfections in a road.

The only time it rides smooth is on brand new pavement. It seems to do better uphills than on the level. What could be the problem? Thanks
Travelgirl

Are the coil springs weak?

We'll have to check that next. I didn't know what would be the next obvious thing to check- sway bar? Ball joints?

Travelgirl
The items you mentioned won't cause a rough ride. They will cause play in the steering and make noise. I would focus more on the springs. If they are weak, it will cause a rough ride.

Let me know.

I really appreciate the reply. Thanks- I'll let you know what we find out after the coil springs are replaced.

Travelgirl
I look forward to hearing from you.

Take care,