FRONT BRAKE HEATING/DRAGGING?

2001 Dodge Dakota

Brakes problem
2001 Dodge Dakota 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 92000 miles

I changed the pads on my front brakes in December. I noticed they were dragging and heating up about a month ago. I took it apart again, cleaned it all up (pads were fine since they were almost new) and put it back together. Yesterday I noticed it was heating up (too hot to touch the rim on the driver side front so I haven't touched it since yesterday. I am wondering what is causing the brakes to heat up? Are they dragging on the rotor and or is the Master cylinder not functioning correctly? I am trying to determine what is causing this heating up of the brakes.
Ferny31028

Most common reason on cars with over 70,000 is calipers. And or flex hoses. When it's dragging, jack the truck, see if the wheel spins easily, if not open the bleeder, if it spins ok now, the hose is bad if not, the caliper is sticking.

Merlin2021