WHY WONT MY START.?

2008 Dodge Charger

2008 Dodge Charger 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 34000 miles

Why Wont My 2008 Dodge Charger Start? A Few Days Ago My Dodge Charger Started Acting Funny And Would Not Start. Sometimes The Car Will Start After Playing With The Key Repeatedly. Can Any1 Help Me?
Jolietsfinest1

There are many, many possible causes to a " No start" issue.

But first, what do you mean by " acting funny"? And when you attempt to start the engine, does your check engine light stay on?

If so, then you should have the computer scanned before you do anything else.

Now, are you intending on working on your car yourself, or do you just need to equip yourself with some knowledge before taking it into a shop?

If you want to work on it yourself, then you'll need to check: spark, fuel (pressure and functioning injectors), Computer & sensors, and engine compression (if testing goes that far).

Write back and I'll walk you through each procedure, provided you have the proper tools.

If you'd like to arm yourself with some information before taking it into a shop, first call around until you find a shop willing to do a " Free" estimate.

There's plenty of shops who'll fight for your business by diagnosing your issue in hopes that you'll spend your money with them to fix it.

Once you get the free estimate, and before you proceed with a fix, write back and provide me with the " service order" and I'll give you a second opinion and any advise that I can.

Good luck.

Ernest Clark