NO REVERSE

2000 Dodge Caravan

2000 Dodge Caravan 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 163000 miles

hello, I recently had the reverse gear go out in my 2000 dodge grand caravan. I had just backed up to load some things in, put in park turned off engine. I had to back up a little further so I got in started engine put in reverse and it would not move. So I gave it some gas and it seemed to sputter and bog down but no movement. All other gears work fine while driving. I have never had a problem with it before now. Code reader shows nothing wrong. I am hoping someone out there has an easy fix as I am out of work an not much money for costly repairs.

Thanks in advance
jackman911
Jackman911

You have a transmission problem get it pressure tested to identify internal problems.

Thank you very much for your quick response.
I picked up some trans fluid and filter today and was going to change this weekend because it has not been done. Do you think that might help, and is there anything I should look for or test while pan is removed?

john

Jackman911