WON'T START, BUT ENGINE TURNS OVER.

2000 Chrysler Cirrus

2000 Chrysler Cirrus 4 cyl 120000 miles

I've been driving this car for the past year with no problems at all. I drove it 2 days ago, then went to go somewhere and it will turn over but will not start. I bought a code reader but there are no codes to report. Also the accelerator pedal feels " soft" to me.
where do I start - fuel filter, pump, pressure regulator?
Felicia5635

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.

Ok. Thanks - will try that as soon as I fina a helper.

Felicia5635