CHEVY ABS/AIR CONDITIONING BLOWER MOTOR

2004 Chevrolet Suburban

Brakes problem
2004 Chevy Suburban V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 182000 miles

Second time this has happened. Once about a year ago then corrected itself. (For just 30 minutes or so)
ABS light and brake light come on. Air conditioning blower motor stops working. When the car is moving, you can feel small amount of cold air in vent, so air conditioner is working. Cruise control doesn't work. Everything else is fine. Car runs without a problem. Just had a mechanic put the car on a diagnostic computer and he could not get a reading on the abs module. He said that it must be out. Will have to go to a chev dealer to replace and reporgram. According to their air specialist, blower motor problem seemed to be a bad resistor module. Then drove for hour and a half, (first 90 degree day we have had this year) slowed down in rush hour traffic and everything started working fine again.
twenty minutes later, turned car off and started again 15 minutes later and all the bad news stuff was occurring again.
any ideas?
Tanglefoot

What I would do is start with the fuses. Check each fuse. There is a large one that has a built in circuit breaker. Check that with a static tester. Check the wires under the dash comming from the fuse box to see if anything is loose. There are three relays that are under the hood on the fire wall that are used with the a/c. The abs is on a seperate system than the fan or cruise control circuit. With it fixing itself to me it sounds like a loose wire or bad fuses. There may be other things wrong with the system but that is where I would start.

M_H_RITZEL