QUESTION ON REAR BLOWER MOTOR FAN SWITCH?

2002 Chevrolet Suburban • 130 miles

Hello:

I have a 2002 Chevy Suburban with 130k miles. I have a problem with the rear blower fan switch (both ceiling controls - front and rear). The problem is as follows:

When I turn on the rear blower fan to SPEED #1, there is no low speed air at all. When I turn the fan up to SPEED #2 or SPEED #3, it blows at MEDIUM speed. Finally, when I turn the fan up to SPEED #3, it blows normal on HIGH.

Side note: The blower fan switch for the driver's compartment (located on the dashboard) is working properly.

I was told that it may be a rear blower resistor, but I am unsure if my Suburban even has a rear blower resistor. I know for a fact that it has a front blower resistor (located under the passenger side of the dashboard). I was also told that it could possibly be a blower relay?

Please steer me in the right direction on this problem so that I don't spend on parts that I do not need?

Thank you very much in advance.

Jim in AZ

Drumworx

If it were a relay, you would have nothing at all. Your rear blower resistor is located above the right rear wheelwell. It is accessed through the cargo area.

DocDTC
If it were a relay, you would have nothing at all. Your rear blower resistor is located above the right rear wheelwell. It is accessed through the cargo area. The symptom you describe is completely consistent with the resistor being faulty- as high speed is just direct B+ voltage. This is a very easy fix. If you have any questions e-mail me at DocDTC@gmail. Com

DocDTC
Thank you guys! I will check the rear cargo area resistor.

Jim K in AZ

Drumworx
This is the part you should be looking for.