WHEEL CYLINDER

Chevrolet Silverado

1988 Chevy Silverado EFI 1500. Mileage: 435,000 plus, but it's on third engine. The right rear wheel cylinder keeps breaking. I have replaced it three times in the last 6 months. Thought it may be weak springs, so I put in new ones. The shoes seem to be aligned just fine, and the brakes work until the cylinder breaks and I lose fluid. Any thoughts?
Skgray0112

Check to see if the axle or axel tube may be bent causing a misalignment. Also ask your parts man for the best quality cylinder, you may be getting some cheap poor quality parts

Steel Bill
The axle looks ok as far as I can tell. I've been putting on the cheap $10 part. This time, I ordered a Bendix for around $30. (Not quite ready to fork over $80 plus for genuine GM.) If that's the problem, I should know in a month or two and will post the results. Thanks for your reply.

Skgray0112