WINDSHIELD WIPER PROBLEM

Chevrolet Silverado

2002 Chevrolet Silverado, 45,000 miles, V-6 engine. When the problem began, the variable speed would work for a while, then the wipers would just stop. High speed would still work. After a while the wipers would work again. Now, the variable speed does not work at all and the wipers will not park. They only work on high. Any idea what could cause this?
Vetteman2003

Have a 98 with similar problems. It was caused by the connector plug to the drivers side wiper motor. When they go out wiggle the connector plug to see if they come back on. I ended up having connector plug replaced.

Jimc4741
There is a windshield wiper module within the motor. It is a simple allen wrench repair. There are three small allens and the board comes out with the female plug end attached. Slide the new one in and you are done.

Carpenter
Thanks for your replies. Apparently on my 2002 Silverado, the control board is built into the plastic cover. When I removed the cover I saw no way to remove the board. I just today replaced the entire motor assembly, I got the whole thing on EBAY for the price of the cover alone. I am happy to say I have all speeds working now and all seems well. Sadly, as I was doing the work, I remembered I need a tune up, and can't even see the distributor cap, looks like major surgery just to replace the cap, don't ya just love these new vehicles. Thanks again, I really like this forum.

Vetteman2003