CHEVY OIL PRESSURE SENSOR

2000 Chevrolet Silverado

2000 Chevy Silverado V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 159000 miles

I have a 7.4 L vortex v8. The OPS is at the back close to the firewall. It cannot be seen by eye, just felt by hand. It is a plastic housing and it broke at the metal base. What size socket should be use to get it out. It seems that a socket wont get fully on it. If so what can be use or is there a special (becoming more common) tool to use to get iit off the engine.
Obviously, one could just never repair it at the risk of not knowing what the oil pressure is anymore.
Another GM poor design!
Renfru

I don't know the actual size. You can go to the autostore ask to see an o/p switch for your year make and model. See if it is the correct part, then ask for socket or wrench that will fit.

Removal Procedure

* Tools Required
* J 25254-10A Oil Pressure Sensor Socket

1. Disconnect the electrical connector from the engine pressure sensor/switch.
2. Remove the oil pressure sensor using J 25254-10A.

Installation Procedure

* Tools Required

1. Install the oil pressure sensor.
2. Hold the oil pressure sensor fitting with a wrench to prevent from turning.

O Using J 25254-10A tighten the oil pressure sensor to 30 Nm (22 ft. Lbs.).

3. Install the electrical connector.
Take the new sensor to the auto part's store and get a oil pressure sending socket match it up to the sending unit. They should have one at one of the part's store worse case you can try sear's.