CHEVY BRAKE LIGHTS STUCK ON

1996 Chevrolet Silverado

1996 Chevy Silverado V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 140000 miles

all 3 of my brake lights are stuck on.I replaced the break switch it didn't work, there even on when its disconnected.I tried disconnecting the headlight/dimmer switch and each brake light one at a time, they still stay on. The only time they go off is if I remove the relay under the hood.I tried a new relay but they were still on. When I remove the relay they tailgate lights go out but the 3rd light on the cab stays on.I tried unplugging the 3rd brake light and the back 2 were still stuck on.I have a remote star but I disconnected it and it didn't help but the brake wire its connected to has +12v's it should be -12v's. Its like there is a bad relay somewhere thats stuck but I can't find any others. HELP !
Muncle

Welcome to the forum, thanks for the donation. If the brake lites are on with the switch disconnected and the connector is ok, and nothing shorted to voltage, You may need to check for backfeed from the multifunction switch.

Multifunction switch? Could ya be more specific? Theres no " multifunction" switch in the book. And maybe where its located? Like under the hood? Under the dash?

Muncle
Umm hello are you going to help or what?

Muncle
Hey your multifunction switch is the lever that works your turn signals, wipers, washer, and cruise control. Hope this helps.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/441156_multifunction_switch_1.jpg

Rfultz