CHEVY WONT TURNOVER

2005 Chevrolet Malibu

2005 Chevy Malibu 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 89,000 miles

my malibu classic will turnover but wont start, I purchased a new battery cuz my old was dead from yhe trying to crank all weekend and its doing the same thing it did when it quit. I was leaving the house and forgot something, went back home, turned the car off and it wouldnt start back up
Macphil30

Do below and see what happens to determine if its spark or fuel problem

Get a carb cleaner and spray into the carb or the throttle body on an EFI. Did it start and die? If not disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light.

Fuel pump and Injector/s checks out-start checking the ignition system-power to coil, coil/s itself, distributor pick-up, control module, Cam and Crankshaft sensors.

If both fuel and spark is present-check the valve and ignition timing, this will lead you to problems with compression and valves opening and closing at the wrong time