LS BRAKE LIGHTS

1998 Chevrolet Malibu

Just purchased a used 1998 malibu ls from a dealership in Dec. Of '05. When I took it off the lot the right side brake light was not working. Took it back and they " fixed" it for free. Its now one month later and just recently the ligth stopped working again. Rather than take it to the dealer and have them charge me an arm and a leg this time, I was hoping maybe I could get some suggestions to solve this problem. I realize that it might be a fuse gone out, or even an electrical problem. However, I do not have any diagrams so that I might track the problem myself. Any help that I might be able to get would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Micmaccis

GM has big problems with the circuit boards for the rear lighting on the Malibus. They are attached to the rear sockets, and tend to have contact problems.

DocOlds
Thank you for your reply. I really do appreciate your help in this matter. I tried to locate the circuit board for the rear brake lights on my malibu and was unsuccessful. Are they tucked away and hidden in some " hard to reach, unless you have the right tool" place? Also, if chevy's factory installed circuit boards do cause problems on the malibu, is there perhaps a better built aftermarket part that can be purchased from autozone, or any other autoparts store? It would seem silly for me to keep going to the dealership and having them replace the problem causing circuit board with another factory default problem causing circuit board. Once again, thank you for your help in this matter.

Micmaccis