CHEVY CLUNK/THUMP BEHIND GLOVEBOX

2008 Chevrolet Impala

Noises problem
2008 Chevy Impala 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 49000 miles

Is sounds like someone has their hand inside the engine area and is knocking on the inside of my glovebox. It's constant and happens when my car starts, stops, idles, and now, three hours after leaving it it the garage it just did it again.
Jennamcmichael

Do all of your heater position controls work correctly? I.E. Defrost, vent, etc.

Scotty Dee

Steph1275
I have a 2006 chevy impala still under warranty and it did the same thing a weird thumping noise around the glove box it sound like something was in there. It was freaky even when my car was turned off that noise was going on for a while. When I took it to get serviced with chevrolet it was a problem with a belt that had worn out in there somewhere to do with the a/c or heater. It was hitting against something and would make that noise. I wish I could be more specific but this was over a year ago and I dont remember to much. I just know that noise means a belt is worn or busted back there. Hope that helps

Steph1275
This one is really bugging me. I am trying to figure out a possible reason for the random noise even when the engine is off. Hang in there I'm working on it.

Scotty Dee