CHEVY BCM OR ECM OR???

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier

Computer problem
2001 Chevy Cavalier 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 60000 miles

I bought a relocation harness to ease the install of my aftermarket stereoin a 2000 cavalier. It was pretty straight foward, just hook up the colors together and go. I went to test the stereo and I realized the new deck was not turning on and the old stereo was still on. After hardwiring the stereo to the battery, I knew the stereo wasnt the problem. So I took a meter across the black and red wire from the relocation harness and found the red wire did not show 12v, but the yellow acc wire did. So (looking back now) being an idiot I just hooked up the red wire from the stereo to the yellow (data wire?) On the harness and the stereo turned on, but still not working right. So I took the redwire from the harness and hooked it up to the yellow wire and voila, it worked, the relays on the harness kicked on and the new stereo had full control off the speakers. I put the dash back together and went to turn on the car to back it out and it would not start. It would turn on for about a second and then shut off. I tried to do the on 10 min on, off, on 10min, off, on 10min and that did not work. I checked all the fuses under the hood and the nearest related fuses in the door and found nothing. I swaped the relay with the ac relay and that did not fix it either. I can here what I would imagine is the fuel pump turning on, but not getting any luck here. The car has about and 1/8 tank of gas but I dont think this is the problem considering I drove it the same day. I spoke to the harness manufacturer and they said I was supposed to run a new fuse for the red wire and not hook it up to the yellow wire (now they tell me).
Xertechx

I would say you still have something wired wrong, red isnt always power because I believe its orange use a test light to find your power and ground and ign on power, if you had the doors and stuff open to long you may have ran down the battery

Buzzsaw
I would agree, but I put the car back to stock, and it will start for a second then shut off. I was told running voltage to the yellow wire is bad. I guess im more curious what module or part this yellow wire is connected to so I can replace it and hope that it starts. Any help would be great, I cant afford a mechanic right now but if someone has any info that would help out it would help me alot, I am desperate here.

Xertechx
Hi,
If you haven't yet, I would start by disconnecting the battery for a minute then (after hooking it up) try to start it, then go thru the restart sequence only waiting 15 minutes between start attempts instead of 10. These pcm's are very good at relearning. Still sounds you tripped the anti-theft. Good luck, VIC

Wildfirev9
I have tried that also. I just need to know if the yellow cable for the stereo is related to the BCM in anyway I guess

Xertechx