IVE GOT THE ALTERNATOR LOOSE IN A CHEVY CAVILER BUT THERE ISNT ENOUGH ROOM TO PULL IT OUT? WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO?

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier

Just about everything, turned it every which direction and theres just not enough room to pull it out. And there isnt nearly enough room to drop it thru the bottom. Then on top of all that the frame lines up perfect with the pully on the alternator giving me even less room but after I get the pully past the frame im jammed by a giant air box infront of the intake manifold, the dipstick bracket and the block itself. Please help its cold out
0cool

Instructions say you don't have to remove anything to get it out but you can always remove the fan if it's in your way.

Wrenchtech
Its a sideways 6

0cool
Ment 4 cylinder

0cool
You may have more room from the bottom.

Here is what the instructions consist of.

GENERATOR REPLACEMENT

REMOVAL PROCEDURE

Disconnect negative battery cable.
Remove the drive belt.
Disconnect the electrical connectors from the generator.

Remove the generator bolts.
Remove the generator.

INSTALLATION PROCEDURE

Install the generator.
Install the generator bolts.

NOTE: Refer to Fastener Notice in Service Precautions.

Tighten
Tighten the generator bolts to 20 N.M (15 lb ft).

Connect the generator electrical connectors.

Tighten
Tighten the generator electrical connector to 17 N.M (13 lb ft).

Install the drive belt.
Lower the vehicle.
Connect the battery negative cable.

Wrenchtech
Im sorry but that doesnt help much. Any one else have any ideas?

0cool
It's not a matter of ideas. Any one of us could just look at it and find a way out and that's what you're going to have to do. There is no magic bullet here. It's going to come out either the top or the bottom and if you still can't figure it out, then you are just going to have to remove whatever is in your way even though the manufacturer says it's not necessary.

Wrenchtech