CHEVY STARTER WIREING

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier

1998 Chevy Cavalier 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 169, 00 miles

there is a set of small wires going to the starter and 1 of them has broken off and the car wont turn over. There looks to be a red wire and a black wire, and that is the one that is broke, to witch post on the starter does it go to
SSJRT

Its a fusible link
it connect with the rest of the wires on the starter
big one

BMRFIXIT
There was a recall on the car and when I went to have it done they put what looks like a fuse and the wires coming out of it is what broke just not sure if it goes to where the negitave battery cable go to or to the smaller post on the starter

SSJRT
I would say it goes on the big bolt of the starter it has battery power all time

BMRFIXIT
Thanks I will give it a try

SSJRT
DEALERS WILL INSTALL A RELAY KIT IN THESE VEHICLES TO PREVENT HIGH CURRENT FROM FLOWING THROUGH THE IGNITION SWITCH, AND CHECK THAT YOUR CAR WILL START WITH A PROPERLY CHARGED BATTERY AND, IF NECESSARY, REPLACE THE IGNITION SWITCH

this is the recall and the wires coming out of the relay 1 of them is broke does any1 know where all the wires connect to on the starter

SSJRT
Give me the color of that wire
now I know what your looking for
red wire butts with the purple wire

BMRFIXIT
It is the black wire that is broke

SSJRT

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/99387_starter_1.jpg

BMRFIXIT
It is a black wire coming out of the relay and it goes to where the positive battery cable goes to. I found the broken wire connecter on that post of the starter.

Thanks for all of ur hlep

SSJRT