CHEVY HELP!

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier

1996 Chevy Cavalier 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 145000 miles

My 96 cavalier has been fine until now. I went to start it to idle and get warm. When I went out there it was running rough, vibrating on the drivers side, and sounds like it will blow up! It always idles quiet. The check engine light and coolant light are now on. I am stumped, but I am female and know nothing. Drove it today and has been running good.
Tanya30

Open your hood, and physically check your coolant reservoir. Make sure that your coolant level is between MIN and MAX lines. If it is not, please add coolant to level.

Start your engine and look under the engine for possible coolant leak. If there is no leak, drive the vehicle to your local parts store (such as Autozone, CSK/O'Reilly) and have them scan your computer for codes. Get back with the codes.

Is the engine still making that rough sound? Is your engine oil at level as well?

Zackman