OIL PRESSURE DROPS DURING IDLE

Chevrolet Camaro

I have a 82 camaro with a 350 that I just rebuilt I put a brand new oil pump my problem is that the oil pressure at idle drops down really low below 10 psi but when rev up even a little bit the oil pressure goes up to about 20 psi but that is it I have already checked the gauge and it works fine I checked the oil filter and it was good also I am stumped any help you can give would be great
Remnont

As far as I know there is actuall nothing wrong it is normal when I idle my pressure goes down and so does my battery but as soon as I touch the gas its fine my friend has a firebird formula and also another friend with a camro all do the same

Oneillsurfer69
Sounds like the main bearing clearances are too big, thats why its not holding pressure.

Golembesky
Well if youre oil pressure gauge is reading 0 at idle its normal, Its really reading 5psi, Its when you are driving down the road, its not working, reving it at idle, Then somehting is wrong, I would check or replace the oil pressure switch, check the wiring harness, hopefully that corrects things for you.

E40water12