WON'T START RIGHT AWAY

2000 Chevrolet Blazer

I have a 2000 chevy blazer with 141000 miles I replaced the fuel pump about a year and a half ago. In the last couple of weeks I have had to turn the key on and off about 6 times to get it to start. I hear the fuel pump running. I tested the fuel pressure with a guage before I hooked the guage up I tried to bleed the pressure off of the line no fuel present. When I turned the key on I showed about 20psi. When I finally got the pressure up to 60 psi it started. The pressure dropped about 7 psi. When I shut the motor off the pressure imeddiatly dropped to about 2 psi. Shouldn't the system hold some pressure. I'm hopeing it's not the fuel pump again. Could it be the fuel pressure regulator? By the way it is 4 wheel drive and has the 4.3 motor. Thanks Jim
Jdmlbm

The pressure dropped to 7lbs? And it ran? Should be more like 45lbs.

Merlin2021
Did you ever find a remedy to this problem? I also have a 2000 Blazer 4.3 liter 4X4 with a similar problem, if not the exact sam problem. I've had the fuel pump replaced in the least 12 months, and the fuel line replaced because it rusted through and was leaking. My mechanic cannot duplicate the problem whenever I talk to him about it so he's clueless.

Jzralnc