CHEVY MY BATTERY KEEPS RUNNING DOWN

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche

2008 Chevy Avalanche V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 30000 miles

i have to jump my battery off every morning but after it cranks up the voltage is well over 14 and it will run all day but my battery and alternator is both good what is the problem
Avalanche08

My 05 Avalanche has the original battery at approx. 50K miles. While working on the instrument area, I needed to turn on the ignition to move the shift lever out of my way. I left the ignition on for maybe 10 minutes, and that was enough to kill the battery. The battery came back with a battery charger. I was surprised that it took so little time to drain the battery. There is no " accessory" setting on the ignition switch in this vehicle; when did they do away with that? If you try to listen to the radio of leave your parking lights on just a few minutes, it's probably enough to require a jump to get going. A plug-in gauge shows the alternator is working fine. Battery is just at 11 volts before I turn the key in the morning, and then I see 10.5 or 10.3 volts. Looks like 5 to 6 years is the lifespan of this small OEM battery. IMHO, this battery is not enough for a truck with all the electrical items that are standard equipment.

Landshark