CHEVY FUEL PUMP

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche

2003 Chevy Avalanche V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 68902 miles

does a broken fuel pump cause your truck not to crank or is it something else. I was driving and lost engine power and cannot restart vehicle. Battery is 3months old alternator seem to be okay. Fuses and Relays are check. I listened for the fuel pump noise but nothing happens. It will not crank and there is gas in the tank. However it was low when the engine shut off.
Stewzach

A no crank condition could be from a bad starter, relay, ignition switch, or passlock sensor.

Dennyp
I had the similiar problem just yesterday with my 2002 Avalanche, the gas was low, but still had some. The low fuel gauge never came on. The truck just died. I had to have it towed to the nearest dealer. According to then it was the fule pump. The sensor that operates it was faulty also. So having the fuel pump changed out, a new sensor installed, and a new filter, along with the towing was $1,200.00 (ouch)

Gnome_ersy