CHEVY VAN WON'T START.

1999 Chevrolet Astro

1999 Chevy Astro 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 98.000 miles

This morning my wife went out and and she said van tooka few tries before it would start. I wentto work and it started fine. It started fine when I Left work and when I went to the store it was fine. WHen I got back in at the store it wouldn't start. I keep cranking it and it just won't turn over. Any Ideas on what this could be?
Mondas

Do below -determine what's missing fuel or spark then comeback

Do you have a check engine light On or flashing prior to this problem?

If the engine's condition is in tip top shape-do below to determine if its fuel or spark problem that's if its cranking over and refuses to start

Get a carb cleaner and spray into the carb or the throttle body on an EFI. Did it start and die? If not disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors-

If both fuel and spark is present-check the valve and ignition timing, this will lead you to problems with compression and valves opening and closing at the wrong time

So you know I'm an idiot when it cones to cars, I knew my last car good but the astro is new to me. I canty even see where the plugs are.

I have a full tank so other than that i'm not sure how to check for missing fuel.

No the engine light didn't come on prior, when I crank it all lights come on and when I stop and key is still in, the engine light goes out, sounds like its cranking over but but just not catching, RUm rum rum over and over. Don't know what an EFI is.

Mondas
Sir
An EFI ( Electronic Fuel Injection )

Get a carb cleaner and spray into the carb or the throttle body on an EFI. Did it start and die? Did you do this-if not best do it to determine if its fuel or spark then comeback for more assistance-