CHEVY AC DELCO RADIO

1994 Chevrolet Astro

Interior problem
1994 Chevy Astro 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 28,000 miles

hi, I am in the uk and have a 1994 astro, it has the original ac delco radio/cassette.
the illumination works and also the clock but I cannot get the radio or the cassettte deck to work.
can someone help as I have checked the fuses and that power is getting to the back of the unit.
Chevystu68

With the key turned on, are there two hot wires going to the radio? Orange is a constant 12 volts, yellow wire is a switched 12 volts, the key has to be in the on or acc position before the circuit goes hot.

Whenever you check fuses, you also have to check the terminal where the fuse plugs in, for voltage, some circuits are hot all the time, some go hot when you turn the key on. The fuse may have a bare spot over each leg, on top of the fuse, where you can use a testlite and check for voltage without pulling the fuse, or pull the fuse and check for voltage at one of the terminals where the fuse plugs in, doesn't make any difference.

There is a site at the12volt. Com they have alot of stereo information and forums also.