CD6 PLAYER/RADIO PROBLEM AFTER REPLACING BAD BATTERY

2003 Ford F-150 • 170,000 miles

My CD6 Radio system (factory) will not stay on. This began to happen after replacing truck battery. It seems to power up when I turn the headlight but then display goes away and system won't power on
Tgbbrjbjames

If it sneeds a code entered try the last 4 digits of your vin number. It may be in manual how to do it.

No codes just blank display. No response if pressing Vol control for "ON". The only operation that runs is "setting HH MM" then goes blank and the CD "load" operation then goes blank. The "eject" operation does not work system go blank. Never any codes.

Tgbbrjbjames
Well don't know what to say you might call the dealer and see it has to be locked but most of us don't know how to unlock that or call ford customer service i'm sure they can help you out. Sorry. If you want your donation back just email back and will see that its' done.

It seems like you are not getting consistent power to the radio, check all the fuses, relays and connections into the back of the radio. There are no radio codes to enter, check to see if it has 12 volts.

There are a few fusible links on this probably by the relay and that may be the problem if one of them burnt up or is partially burnt.

2CarPros Mike