CAR STOPS RUNNING

1993 Saturn Station Wagon • 150,000 miles

Have a 93 saturn twin cam. After the car runs awhile it will die. After setting for a little time it starts back up and runs for awhile. It has some codes in it.19 crank position sensor fault. 27 soft flag- quick qdm fault. 53 soft flag- electronic spark control over max value. 48 soft flag- reference pulse error. 41 electronic timing error. How much of this can be related to the crank sensor. Not sure what some of the codes even mean. Help if you can. Thanks
Lalfan

I would start with the crank sensor.

Have the fuel pressure checked as well.

I can check the fuel pressure. Hope crank sensor not to hard to reach. Thought maybe filter when I was first asked about it. Looks like it at least been changed sometime. Do they have a port to check pressure. Maybe line after the filter. Seen on cars like 97- 99 before. Thanks

Lalfan
What motor?

Twin cam. Guess that is still 1.9? See it says you have expertise in triumph. I have 2- 1977 and 2- 1980 tr7 and 1- 1974 spitfire 1500

Lalfan
CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR (CPS) REMOVAL

Disconnect negative battery cable.
Jack or raise vehicle.
Disconnect electrical connector from CPS.
Remove attachment bolt and CPS.
INSTALLATION

Lubricate O-ring with clean engine oil.
Install CPS in engine block.
Install CPS attachment bolt.
Torque 9 Nm (80 lb in)
Connect electrical connector to the CPS. Push in until a click is heard and pull back to confirm a positive engagement.

As far as the TR's yes, I remember when they were new and loved them.

Is the fuel pressure port in the line by the filter? Would love to get back to working on my triumphs. Have some bikes to. Thanks

Lalfan