CAR STARTS COLD BUT NOT HOT

1993 Toyota Corolla • 150,000 miles

I've tried to figure out why the car starts in that. A.M. But once run won't restart for at least ten hour I did I a fully rune up gapped the plugs even though they were supposed pregapped I changed the throttle control sensor and now don't really know what to try next please help
Jroy

When it won't start what don't you have spark or fuel pressure?

I know I have spark and pretty sure I got fuel pressure because after turning for a few I can smell gas

Jroy
When it won't start have you tried holding the gas pedal all the way to the floor while cranking to see if it starts that way?

Sometimes that works but I've got it starting not 100percent of the time and my mom drives at night home from work. I'm thinking o2 or risk I think I'm going to have Toyota diagnose it and I'll fix it it seems to be running rich to

Jroy
Alright keep me. Posted on what you find.

The dealer told me because I had sometimes I don't have check engine light it will come on here and there most not that they want to leave it over night which is tough today and it could be two hours @$103. Lo. I'm thinking it's something that sticks? Or maybe the catalytic converter is choking car to let it still start but hot it chokes it and won't. Restart hot after not getting enough air?

Jroy
The cat is easy to rule out have a back pressure test done at a exhaust shop. It would be to be really plugged to not even start.

True any other thought how. About the ignitionnn or other ide

Jroy
True the ignition is on the distributor I can get one for $20 used but that's why it's probably there my luck

Jroy
You said you have spark when it won't start?If you do sounds like the ignition is working. HAs anyone ever checked for codes?

Page 1 of 2