TOYOTA COROLLA HEATER PROBLEM

2009 Toyota Corolla • 15,000 miles

Dear specialist

My car is Toyota Corolla 2009 LE 1.8

I am anxious that my heater core doesn’t work normally, it doesn’t blow enough warm in the cabin.

Maybe the corolla’s heater blows warm after enough working engine? But after driving 15 minutes, as I look at the water temperature dart, it keeps as normal level it must be.

Thank you

Dear specialist

My car is Toyota Corolla 2009 LE 1.8

Thank you

Sargis36
If you have a temp gauge that is stock, they are not very accurate. Especially if your thermostat is not quite closing enough to keep the coolant warm enough for interior or cabin heat.
So, you might try changing the thermostat.
Also, sometimes air gets stuck in the heater core. To bleed the air out of the system, try this; Remove the radiator cap with engine cool
Turn heater all the way to hottest setting
Start car and bring to operating temperature
Top off and take for a test drive
You may have to repeat again after engine is cooled off.
See if that works.
A lot of engines have aluminum heads these days and barely stay hot enough to keep the heater core hot enough for warm cabin air. It is likley that the thermostat may be bad even if they are no other issues. You might also try replacing the radiator cap as the system will not function correctly if the cap has gone bad.