CAR CRANKS SOMETIMES

2002 Honda Civic • 285,000 miles

Okay so recently my civic 2002 would crank but won't start I'd have to wait like 10 minutes then keep cranking and it will start in some cases I would have to give it a boost and I would have to crank but will definitely start. I have replaced the battery the starter changed the oil and also transmission oil. Sometimes when the car starts after several times it would be in park and the rpm would go so high to about 3 by itself so I would turn the car off.
MohsinBob

I would suspect the distributor has failed. It is a common failure for this condition

Where is the distributor and how much would that cost? Is that the same thing as replacing the 4 coils?

MohsinBob
It has coils? I assumed it did not but then you never gave us an engine size

roy

1.7 engine size

MohsinBob
I also have experienced that my temperature for my car at times doesnt even move at all just stays down. Could that be related to the same cranking problem?

MohsinBob