TRANNY FLUID?

Honda Civic

My 84 civic is starting to act up a little in the past few days since it got really cold and slick out. When im driving it everything is normal until you pull up a hill or give it alot of gas (Take off is real slow to) When you give it gas the rpm's just rise and it slowly moves. But if you take it slowly it will drive fine. It is a five speed and was just wondering if it could be the tranny fluid or something else. (I was stopped at a stop sign earlier and tried to see if I could even get the tires to spin or it take off fastly. Instead the RPM's rose and the car slowly pulled away)
Thank you.
Domfast2003

5-speed manual?- Clutch worn

5-speed auto?- Definitley check the fluid level, maybe too late.

It is a 5-speed Manual. Would it be the clutch? The clutch really seems to work fine its just while driving. (Its Kind of like having the clutch pressed half way all of the time)

Domfast2003
It is slipping, it how it is described.

What woulde you do to fix that? I have never delt with stick before

Domfast2003
HAve a new Clutch kit put in, I would expect $500-700? As a guess.

It also smells really hot if you drive very much at all.

Domfast2003
Yeah it fits the symptoms too. Nice smell huh?

Ya. Smells real good. Lol.I wish it was something less expensive. Lifes hard sometimes though. Thanks for all the help.

Domfast2003