ELDORADO STUCK BRAKES

Cadillac El Dorado

1994 Cadillac Eldorado, 4.6L Northstar, 123,000 mi, FWD.

A couple of days ago, I replaced my rear brake pads. Then gradually, I could feel a difference in the way the car would accelerate and the amount of throttle required to stay at a constant cruising speed. Eventually it got to the point at which pulling away from a green light, I would have to use full throttle to get the car to move. I had had problems with my RR brake caliper and replaced that 2 days ago and the pads (brand new) were already started to wear and the inside pad was burnt. New caliper now installed and again, today, the car would not even move at all at a green light for quite a while until I put it in park and reverse and whatnot and then it finally started to roll again. What could possibly be causing this? Collapsed brake line? Bad master cylinder? Any help is very greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Rick May
CaddyMan08

2 things to check, Cheapest is check the parking brake cable, see if the rotors will spin free with calipers unmounted. If not open a bleeder and see if the rotor will turn. If the bleeder releases pressure, you have a hose or master problem. If it's the master, all 4 will be dragging.

Merlin2021