DENSO NAVIGATION SYSTEM

2006 Cadillac DTS

Interior problem
2006 Cadillac DTS V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 40000 miles

wont talk went to dealer had it coded replaced mirror and overhead console onstar part of mirror will talk gps works routing works voice activation will not work it beeps no voice cammands no voice prompts service dept does not have an answer except to order another disc talked to cadillac headquarters and they seem to think that updating the disc will only improve the map not make it talk what do you think I have spent enough monet on it to have bought another radio works fine cd player work so does dvd everything talks except voice activated naigation system
Fonda1941

There has to be communication or I would expect a " U" code to show in the computer. If they have found that communication occurs up to the " disk" but no further, then that would be the next logical step.

Does it not speak to you or does it not listen to you?

The system does not hear me nor does it talk to me . The icon appears at the top of the screen and there are beeps I have tried a new dvd from someone else's car and the result is the same gps works fine but does not talk

Fonda1941
I don't have any helpful info on this other than advice.

Ask the service manager that if it doesn't fix it, what kind of hit are they willing to take on it. They should not profit from a bad guess. There are situations that come down to an educated guess, but the wrong solution should not be rewarded with profit IMHO.