WET FLOOR

2006 Cadillac DTS

Interior problem
2006 Cadillac DTS V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 155928 miles

the rear passenger floor becomes soaked, I dont think it's coolant i'm thinking condensation, but don't know where it's coming from or where to look
Bstretchb

Had the same prob with my 97. The heater core behind the glove box.I replaced 3 because the head gaskets apparently had blown and was forcing too much pressure on the heater core to handle. Hope its still under warranty. If thats the problem. Ouch@

OOps sorry, thought you ment the front floor mats.

Jimbeeks
If you have water on the rear floor, it could be coming from the trunk, rear windshield, or even the front. When one of these vehicles has a water leak, it can be a complicated process. A few things you want to know are, is it dirty water(roadwash), and is there a sign elsewhere, like in the spare tire well, and does the vehicle have a sunroof. If it has a sunroof, does there seem to be water in the tray often, it could have plugged drains and be spilling onto the headlining and running down one of the pillars. The carpets in the luxury vehicles have a dense foam under them for sound deadening, and this stuff traps water, doesn't release it readily, and the water can find its way to the lowest point, or where it is forced. By that, I mean that just normal driving, or parking on slopes, can make a front area leak first noticeable in the rear. In my experience, the only way to accurately locate a water leak is by gutting the interior and water testing, after checking for water in other areas first, like the trunk.

Factoryjack