CADILLAC DTS ENGINE PROBLEM

2001 Cadillac DTS

2001 Cadillac DTS V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 10250 miles

i have a repair book for my 2001 dts but its not telling nothing about what would make my car have a some times high idle I took it to cadillac they could not find out what was going on. It runs good then out of no were it idles if come to stop it will idle if I sit there it will idle back down it only dose it some times but more now then be for what sould I do?
Mclovin

Mclovin
Read in you haynes book about the idle control sensor. Does that sound like your idle problem? 10,000 miles is awful young to have these kind of problems. The car is not even broken in yet. Did it sit on a lot for a long time? It is 2001 and that is just over 1000 miles a year.

Kevin12881
Could have a split plenum boot between the throttle body and intake causing a vacuum leak, this can be intermittent. Did they check for any codes, freeze frame info?

Factoryjack