ENGINE SMOKING AND COOLANT LIGHT COMIN

2000 Cadillac Deville

Engine problem
2000 Cadillac Deville V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 100000 miles

I have slightly engine smoking, Is there any cheapest way to stop it?

Coolant Light coming even I have full coolant. Can diconnect wire or fuse to eliminate this? How?
Vijaykbhimani

Hi there,

At 100,000 Mls things are starting to get tired and worn, I do not advocate the " fix in a can" solution the only way is to repair or renew, yes that's expensive, but I believe in do it once do it right. The can cure may slow or ease the problem for a short while but they cannot fix the problem and often with oil leaks can l make things worse!

As for the coolant light sensor, you should be able to get a good second hand one, if you disable it, and the car runs low on coolant, you may do a head gasket or worse.

Mhpautos
Where is the smoke comming from the engine or out the tail pipe?

Buzzsaw
Engine smoking on top of engine-valve cover? It is not bad at all but I want to sell it. Also coolant low displays though it is full, I want to dsconnect that wire. How?

Vijaykbhimani
Warm up engine and add engine oil flush, follow directions, drain and change filter, ask your parts supplier what oil he has in stock foe older worn engines. Not much more you can do.

Mhpautos
The sensor in the coolant resisvor is bad, easy fix, do you have an oil leak valve cover gaskets?

Buzzsaw
You said easy fix for coolant light how and who can do that? Dealer will charge fortune. Any fix for valve cover gasket very minor smoking/leak? Also I just noticed that on this Northstar Engine on right side pully at top some grinding-bearing noise is coming. What is this? I sprayed WD 40, still coming real loud? Help?

Vijaykbhimani
Under the black bracket in the front head? Thats your water pump and a tensioner for the water pump belt, the sensor for the coolant lite is in the resivior that you add coolant in, either you have to buy a sensor or a new resivor, its easy, go buy the sensor, 20-30 bucks, if its the whole thing, prob 60-100 bucks, and dexcoolant

Buzzsaw
Thank you, Lately from very top pulley on right side of the Northstar engine the grinding like noise coming. What is that? Bearing gone in the pulley? How big is the job?
My minor valve cover gasket leak is almost gone with a $12 can treatment. Thanks again.

Vijaykbhimani
On this Northstar 32 valve engine on very top right side pulley making grinding noise. It is a tensioner pulley shaft goes inside the top of engine. How big is the job to replace the pulley with anew one? Any idea?

Vijaykbhimani
Sounds like the tensioner pully for the water pump, its easy, replace the small belt also

Buzzsaw
Page 1 of 2