DOOR PANEL REMOVAL

2000 Cadillac Deville

Interior problem
2000 Cadillac Deville V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 50262 miles

HOW DO YOU REMOVE THE PASSENGER SIDE FRONT
DOOR PANEL TO REPLACE POWER WINDOW MOTOR
FRED BAKER

Most inner door panels are attached the same, no matter what kind of car you have.

Generally the front, bottom and rear edge of the panel is held to the metal part of the door with plastic clips. Expect to break about 25% of these when you remove it.

The center part of the panel normally has a few screws that secure it. Sometimes they will have a small cover over them, often the size of a dime. Just for cosmetic reasons.

There will almost always be 1 or 2 screws attaching the pull handle, the place you grab onto to pull the door closed.
Most of the time, there will be a screw somewhere close to lever you use to open the door.
If your armrest is not molded into the door panel, there will be screws that attach it. Often at a 45degree angle coming from the bottom.
And finally, on rare occasion, there will be some screws near the speaker in the door, if you have one.
If you have manual windows, you'll have to remove the crank handle.

Armed with this information. This is how I remove a door panel that I am not familiar with.

First I remove all of the screws that I can see, and look for anything that may be a cap that is covering a screw.

Second I start at the bottom of the panel and try to pull it away from the door. As the plastic clips start to release, I work my way up along the front and rear edge of the door. Often during this step, I notice the center part of the panel is still attached by a hidden screw.

Finally, when the panel is free all the way around, grab the panel along the front and rear edges and pull straight up to get it to release from along where it touches the glass.

I hope this helps.

Buddycraigg
First response is not even close. There is no clips on the bottom or sides of the door as is on most of the panels of other cars. I''m well aware of those, so that's why i'm asking about this door panel. It's all
together different.

FRED BAKER
PM me your VIN and i'll pull up an exploded view of the door tomorrow at work.

Buddycraigg
Actually, since it's a GM product, I only need the last 8 of your VIN

Buddycraigg
I got your email. But it was too late in the day to do anything with it.

I'ii get it tomorrow.

I did just hear back from another customer with a 2000 oldmobile that said that he couldn't get the door off, so he took it to a shop.

And it did just pop off, but it required a lot more force than he felt comfortable with, and was afraid of breaking something.

Buddycraigg
Ok,
there are a bunch of plastic retainers along the edge of the door,

there are 5 hidden behind the rectangle insert above the arm rest.

And it looks like the arm rest pulls straight up and is held down by some metal clips.

If you give me a fax number i'll send you what I got.

Buddycraigg