CAR STALLS AFTER ENGINE GETS HOT

1996 Cadillac Deville

1996 Cadillac Deville V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 128545 miles

AFTER TAKING MY CAR TO GET DIAGNOSED, IT SHOWED TO HAVE ALOT OF MISFIRES BUT THE DIAGNOSES SAYS IT CORRECTS ITSELF. NOW AFTER DRIVING AND THE ENGINE GETS HOT, I WILL STOP AT A RED LIGHT AND IT LOOSES POWER AND GOES DEAD. LET IT SIT FOR ABOUT 5 TO 10 MINUTES THE ENGINE COOLS DOWN AND IT STARTS AGAIN. I'VE REPLACED THE SPARK PLUGS AND I HAVE 1 IN THE BACK THATS SEEM TO BE COVERED IN OIL. AFTER PUTTING IN NEW ONE'S IT RUNS BRAND NEW. MECHANIC SAYS THAT THE ENGINE IS GOING OUT?
THE CAR HAS ONLY 2 OWNERS AND THE FIRST OWNER WAS AND ELDERLY COUPLE AND IT HAS NEVER BEEN DRIVEN HARD. I PURCHASED IT AT 86,000 MLS
JLOLLISON23

If you mechanic is telling you that you better go find another mechanic, that spark plug tube needs resealed, if you do that one do the others, for the misfires replace the spark plug wires, buy good ones not autozone, start putting injector cleaner in the gas, buy good stuff go to GM dealer and get theres, I would also do a top engine clean to it, and clean out the throttle plates with carb cleaner and a tooth brush, if it is still dieing replace the cranksensors

Buzzsaw