STARTING PROBLEMS

2005 Buick Terraza

2005 Buick Terraza 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 34000 miles

sometime when you turn the key the gauges will flicked or it will just click as if the starter or battery are bad and sometimes it will act like pre-ignition or it will like stick starting. When there is none of the above problems you turn the key it starts but you have to work the pedle to keep it started then it is ok. I don't know if it is a ignition switch problem or a neutral safety switch problem or some other electrical problem. Has anyone had this problem or can you help me with it. Thanks
Hmeljr2

I would begin by checking all ground connections. A loose connection can give alot of intermittent issues. Start at the battery cable ground and work back from there.

Tooomanytoys
I checked all the grands I could find all ok. No I get a message that says electrical system failure. Then battery save mode. Then it is ok again for a while. Any suggestions

Hmeljr2
You may need to hook a volt meter to the vehicle and drive it while watching your exact voltage. You may have an intermittent failure in the alternator. Voltage should be over 13 volts while running and driving.

Tooomanytoys
Volts are good always above 13.I put in a new battery, nothing changed, could the ignition do all this stuff? Now I'm back to service abs and traction again. Also wont stay started without holding the fuel peddle down at first.

Hmeljr2
The ignition switch is a common issue that can cause multiple symptoms. You might want to first check to see if any trouble codes are set.

Tooomanytoys
I came across the same problem now. I replaced the bulbs and now The van wont start.
Sometime when you turn the key the gauges will flicked or it will just click as if the starter or battery are bad and sometimes it will act like pre-ignition or it will like stick starting. It did not respond with Jump start. Now battery appears to be dead. Is it Battery or any other problem.
Van was running good till I replaced the bulbs.
Any guidance is highly appreciated.
Vijay

Satya789