ENGINE STALLING

2002 Buick Lesabre

2002 Buick Lesabre 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 87520 miles

My engine started stalling a couple of weeks ago.
I took it to a repair shop and he changed my spark plugs and wires. Also cleaned my injectors. About a week later the check engine light came on. I took it back to the shop and the code came up for the thermostat. At that time, the mechanic cleared the code and said he was not sure why it put that code out, to go ahead and drive it and if it came back on, bring it back to him. For a few weeks it never stalled. I started it up yesterday and could smell strong gas. It seemed to idle different (low) but I live in Ky and it is very cold right now. I drove it about a half mile and stopped at a stop sign. It stalled. I had to make three attempts to get it to start again. Over the last few weeks, it may run with no problems, then other days it stalls. I haven't been driving it much because I am afraid of breaking down. Please help me!
Psparks

Is check engine light on now?If yes go to Auto Zone or similar have codes read then post inP0xxx format. If not on next time it is have code read. Is engine reaching operating temp? Faulty MAF can cause stalling try cleaning.

Docfixit
No. Check engine light or service light has not come on. The strong gas smell has just recently started. The stalling is unpredictable. But happens while either slowing down to stop or at a complete stop. I appreciate your help.

Thank you.

Psparks
Pull vacuum hose off fuel pressure regulator if fuel present replace. This will cause your symptoms and not set light.

Docfixit