CAR WON'T START

2005 Buick La Crosse

2005 Buick La Crosse 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 107, 00 miles

My wife's LaCrosse wouldn't start this morning. We drove it yesterday with no issues or indications of any starter or ignition issues. The battery seems fine, as lights, warning bells, radio, etc. Are all functioning. When we turn the key in the ignition all we get is a rapid clicking sound. Is this likely a starter/solenoid problem? An ignition problem? Both? Are there any " tricks" I can use to get the car started to drive to a repair shop? What should I expect cost of a repair to be?
Thanks for your advice and assistance!
Wahoo73

If you are getting the rapid clicking from under the hood, it sounds like there is not enough voltage to hold in and turn the starter. Have you tried to jumpstart the vehicle, and have checked that the battery cables are tight. It takes a lot less amperage to run the accessories, and the battery still may not be strong enough to supply the amps to turn the engine over.

Factoryjack
I removed the battery cables, cleaned the battery terminals and reconntected the cables, and then tried jump-starting the car with no success. I then charged the battery overnight. The car did start this morning, but I suspect that it may not hold the charge. I'll have the battery tested and see.

Wahoo73
Let me know.

Factoryjack