MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR

2000 Buick Century

2000 Buick Century 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 169000 miles

Will a bad mass air flow sensor cause the plugs to foul out? I just replaced the sensor. It ran fine until the engine heated up and then it felt like the plugs were misfiring. Could this happen?
Rbrooks

No. Are the plugs actually gas soaked?

Mastertechtim
No sir. But the code when checked said the MAF was bad and that is was missing on three cylinders. That is why I was wondering about the fouled plugs. I replaced them last week after I got the reading but did not replace the MAF until today (7-23-08)

Rbrooks
I dont think you have fouled plugs or if you do its not from the mass air flow sensor. First thing to check is remove the vacuum hose on the fuel pressure regulator and see if there is any sign at all of gasoline in it or the hose is real spongy, if it is then replace the fuel pressure regulator because the rubber diaphram has ruptured and it is leaking raw fuel into cylinders causing flooding. Also checkl the coil towers for rust.

Mastertechtim