MODELS SLOW ACCELERATION

2004 BMW Other

2004 Other BMW Models V12 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 74000 miles

I started my 2004 760Li just fine this morning. Ran it through the car wash and then dropped my son off at daycare. When I started the car again, it sounded a little rough and was very slow to accelerate. It seemed to run a little better at higher speeds but in stop and go traffic, it had difficulty accelerating, sounded a little rough and shifted roughly at the lower gears.
Lockingdk

Has BMW been involved? The complexity of the car makes it fairly certain that the issue will require more than I can do online and a trained BMW technician will most certainly need to be retained straightaway. It may require software updates and/or reprogramming.

Dr. Hagerty
I was afraid you were going to say that. I haven't called them yet as it just happened this morning on my way in to work and was secretly hoping it was a simple fix. I guess I'll make an appt with my mechanic. Thanks!

Lockingdk
My apologies for starting off with a bit of a bummer for you. I dont make the news, I just report it.

Dr. Hagerty