MODELS WONT START

2003 BMW Other

2003 Other BMW Models 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 1500 miles

the engine cranks but wont start. Its a 2003 mini cooper, I checked the spark plug spark and the injector pulse thay both fire once and stop every time you crank it, what could it be?
Glesam123

Check your fuel pressure if its within specs with a gauge

Yes the fuel pres. Is ok. We pulled the car off. And this is going to sound crazy. But it started but as soon as you fall below 20 mph it dies. If u stay above 20 mph it runs fine. Idels good runs good. What is going on.

Glesam123
Not familiar with this car engine management system-no info on my Mit1 and Alldata try checking the throttle position/manifold absolute pressure/mass airflow sensor if it don't come with it disregard

Would those things keep it from getting fire to the plugs and no injector pulse. It will fire one time to the plugs and injector and thats it. If you keep cranking it wont fire to the plugs or injectors if it was the anti thef system it wouldnt crank would it? I would be happy to donat $20 if new there was some one who could help me fix this. I run a small garage and im ase certified. But this one has me stumped. HELP!

Glesam123
The Cooper cars are similar to, but slightly different than BMW. The EWS or drive away protection allows for fuel/spark shutdown as well as starter immobilization. My question is, do you have an SSS station with the latest version of Progman loaded? Are there fault codes set and if so how are you able to extract them? The lack of this proprietary software and scanning/programming equipment will need to be addressed to have any chance of solving this little cars' problems. Your certification are acknowledged and may not have prepared you for this specific task.

Dr. Hagerty
You are right im not prepaired for this task but with your help im shore we can fix it I will get the scanner and check the can are thay any specific test u wont me to run?

Glesam123
The codes are p500 p1612 p1692

Glesam123
As per our telephone conversation, check the P1xxx manufacturers codes with the proprietary BMW/Mini software, the GT-1 or it clone and we can proceed.

Dr. Hagerty