CANT OPEN BOOT ON A 135I E82

2009 BMW Other

I have a 2009 bmw 135i e82 2dr coupe. Vehicle was involved in an accident. I cant get the bootlid open. There is no key hole on the boot lid and the rear seats cannot be folded down from the inside. There is also no rear seat arm rest with an opening into the boot. I've tried connecting jumper cables to the terminals under the hood but there's no power coming to the vehicle. I was told that maybe the repair shop might have disconnected the battery and slammed the boot shut.
Shabierbhamjee

If the battery positive terminal is disconnected and placed somewhere shorted to body, you are going to have a problem.

You need to provide both jump start terminals with battery voltage to get the system up.

How would I do this

The positive terminal has two cables, one for the starter and altenator while the other is for fuel injection system. If both are separated, the jump start terminal would not be able to power the fuel injection system, meaning you won't be able to get power to it.

If that is the case, you would need to get battery voltage to the underdash fuse box as the main fuse box is in rear compartment.