HELP PLEASE!!

1997 BMW 328

1997 BMW 328 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 173000 miles

Hi Guys,
About 2 weeks ago, my car was driving fine, I came home, and about an hour later when I started it, as soon as I took my foot off of the accelerator it stalled. I figured out that if I drive with my foot on the accelerator at all times, even when I put on the brake, the car will stay on. It has now started idling really bad and sometimes " bucks" when I'm driving. I had a mechanic tell me it was the MAF sensor, so I replaced that. No change. I have another mechanic telling me it is the oxygen sensors and that I need to replace all 4. The BMW dealership tells me rarely do 4 go bad all at the same time, but they haven't looked at the car. I have another mechanic telling me it is the manifold gasket and hoses. Where should I start that will be the most economical? 4 oxygen sensors at $250 a piece plus labor is out of my range, and I'm not sure that that is even the problem.
Jeniefah

It seems there is a problem and to find out what to do and what the problem is going to be the first step. It is not the oxygen sensors. The scanning of the faults needs to be done, and the facts of that scan will determine the path of repair.

Dr. Hagerty